Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Neither my kids nor my husband will eat broccoli so this recipe cooks up a batch of soup just big enough for me to enjoy without feeling like any is going to waste. I think it probably came from TOH but am really unsure.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until smooth and bubbly.
- Add broth and milk all at once and stir until it boils and thickens.
- Add broccoli and simmer stirring constantly until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.