Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Ok I admite this is one of those recipes when you just do not know what to make.The only way the kids eat Broccoli is if it has cheese on it and this does the trick for me. I have also been known to add Bacon with it. Just before I put it in to the serving dishes. Moat of the time I double this recipe.
- 1 onions, chopped or 4 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped broccoli
- Saute onion in butter (I mixed the minced onion with the melted 1/2 stick of butter).
- Place all ingredients in crockpot, mix a bit, and cook on low until hot.
- Thaw the broccoli and drain--cooking time is just enough to get everything hot, about 2 to 4 hours (depending on cooker).
I'm surprised that nobody has rated this delicious and simple soup! Didn't take long to thaw my frozen brocolli;I ran warm water over the bag while mixing other ingredients, then mixed it all as directed. It's easy, but high in sodium and carbs. I may try the 'light' soups or 'low sodium' next time I fix this. It will definitely be repeated again. My husband had a bowl for lunch and another later that evening. He approves! Thanks Kim1 !!
Wow, do I have an apology to make to Kim1. While grocery shopping today, I picked up some more Velveeta and realized that I used 2lbs of velveeta instead of the 1 lb. stated in the recipe. So no wonder it was too thick and processed cheese tasting! I'm going to make this again using the PROPER amount of velveeta, and then I'll rate it. Again, Kim1, I'm sorry!
Wow! I entered this in our church soupathon and won! I did change it a little. we don't like cream of mushroom soup so I replaced it with campells broccoli cheese soup. It got rave reviews!