Recipe by Wendy13
This is a good, filling soup. I like to have it with sandwiches or Pepperoni Bread.
Top Review by Mike McCartney
The best broccoli soup I have eaten to this point. Turned out very smooth and with an excellent taste. I used 12oz of Velveeta in mine, and the taste was just right. Also reheated well. As suggested, I served it with pepperoni bread.
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Velveeta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli until tender& drain.
- Cook onions in butter until tender& transparent.
- Stir in flour& cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add milk slowly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in grated cheese until smooth.
- Slowly blend broth into sauce.
- Add Velveeta cheese and stir until melted.
- Puree 1/2 cup of the broccoli with a fork (or in the food processor).
- Cut the rest of the broccoli into pieces.
- Add all broccoli to the soup.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- You can add more Velveeta for a cheesier flavor.