Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good, filling soup. I like to have it with sandwiches or Pepperoni Bread.
Make and share this Broccoli and Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cook broccoli until tender& drain.
- Cook onions in butter until tender& transparent.
- Stir in flour& cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add milk slowly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in grated cheese until smooth.
- Slowly blend broth into sauce.
- Add Velveeta cheese and stir until melted.
- Puree 1/2 cup of the broccoli with a fork (or in the food processor).
- Cut the rest of the broccoli into pieces.
- Add all broccoli to the soup.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- You can add more Velveeta for a cheesier flavor.
The best broccoli soup I have eaten to this point. Turned out very smooth and with an excellent taste. I used 12oz of Velveeta in mine, and the taste was just right. Also reheated well. As suggested, I served it with pepperoni bread.
This is an awesome broccoli and cheese soup recipe!! I pretty much followed the recipe as written, but used one can cheddar cheese soup and one can fiesta nacho cheese soup to replace the velveeta cheese and also reduced the chicken broth to 1 1/2 cups. Very quick and easy recipe, the best broccoli cheese soup I have ever made!!
Cheese and broccoli play tag with each other in a fantastic taste adventure. A must try for anyone who wants a go to recipe for cheese & broccoli soup. I've made this countless times and have never been disappointed. <br/><br/>I like to leave the broccoli in big chunks for nom nom texture.