This is a good, filling soup. I like to have it with sandwiches or Pepperoni Bread.
Make and share this Broccoli and Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cook broccoli until tender& drain.
- Cook onions in butter until tender& transparent.
- Stir in flour& cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add milk slowly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in grated cheese until smooth.
- Slowly blend broth into sauce.
- Add Velveeta cheese and stir until melted.
- Puree 1/2 cup of the broccoli with a fork (or in the food processor).
- Cut the rest of the broccoli into pieces.
- Add all broccoli to the soup.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- You can add more Velveeta for a cheesier flavor.