1/4 Photos of Broccoli and Cheese Soup
This is a good, filling soup. I like to have it with sandwiches or Pepperoni Bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook broccoli until tender& drain.
- 2Cook onions in butter until tender& transparent.
- 3Stir in flour& cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Add milk slowly, stirring constantly.
- 5Stir in grated cheese until smooth.
- 6Slowly blend broth into sauce.
- 7Add Velveeta cheese and stir until melted.
- 8Puree 1/2 cup of the broccoli with a fork (or in the food processor).
- 9Cut the rest of the broccoli into pieces.
- 10Add all broccoli to the soup.
- 11Simmer 15 minutes.
- 12You can add more Velveeta for a cheesier flavor.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.7
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 71.8 mg
- Sodium 660.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 13.8 g