- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 15 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- 10 fluid ounces milk
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- red pepper, diced,to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onion and garlic in the butter until soft.
- Add the remaining vegetables and stock, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree until smooth, add milk and reheat without boiling.
- Stir in half the cheese, garnish with the remaining cheese and red pepper and serve with hard rolls.