A great and delicious way to get more veggies onto the table without anyone noticing LOL ! I think this would be great with others veggies too, like carrots or cauliflower. You can also add some milk or cream if it looks too dry. This is from Rachel Ray, I serve these with her pork cutlets which I have also posted. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve the potatoes and add to a large pot.
- 2Cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes while you trim and chop broccoli into 1/2-inch dice.
- 3Add the broccoli to the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes more.
- 4Drain and return to the hot pot to dry.
- 5Stir in the milk, butter and cheese and mash until the cheese melts into potatoes and broccoli.
- 6Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Cheese Smashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.0
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 417.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 19.6 g