Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You will need a large heavy-duty foil for this recipe, add in some canned drained mushrooms too if desired. If you prefer the cheese sauce with a zip then use cayenne pepper in place of the black pepper. I have even made this on my outdoor grill many times.
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets (uncooked, can use less)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup grated old cheddar cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream (or for a thicker sauce use whipping cream)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (can use more)
- black pepper
- Set oven to 450°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet and a piece of heavy-duty foil about 24x12-inches, then spray the inside of the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the broccoli in the center of the foil.
- Fold up the foil slightly to create a "pan".
- In a bowl combine the undiluted soup, bell pepper, onion, half-and-half, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper; mix well to combine.
- Add/stir in grated cheddar cheese; mix to combine.
- Pour the cheese mixture over broccoli.
- Fold up the sides and ends of the foil to seal packet, leaving head space for heat circulation.
- Cut a small slit on the top of the foil to allow steam to escape.
- Place the packet on a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven (or place on an outdoor grill) for about 25-35 minutes or until the veggies are crisp-tender.
This was delicious!! Baked for 28 minutes which seemed to be perfect. The red pepper was nice for colour, but not completely necessary. If I didnt have a pepper on hand, Id just make it without.
I really liked the combination of red bell pepper and broccoli along with the onions and cheese. This would be great with Campbell's Nacho Cheese soup for a little heat. Thank you for sharing.
This was REALLY good. I had to substitute a few things...my market was all out of plain Cheddar Cheese soup, so I subbed Broccoli Cheese soup. I also subbed minced onion for fresh, because I was pressed for time. It was delicious. There was just a tiny amount of leftovers, that I'm looking forward to finish for lunch today. I served it over jasmine rice and with a crispy, fried fish. JUST PERFECT! Thanks for posting.