You will need a large heavy-duty foil for this recipe, add in some canned drained mushrooms too if desired. If you prefer the cheese sauce with a zip then use cayenne pepper in place of the black pepper. I have even made this on my outdoor grill many times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets (uncooked, can use less)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup grated old cheddar cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream (or for a thicker sauce use whipping cream)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (can use more)
- black pepper
- 1Set oven to 450°F.
- 2Prepare a baking sheet and a piece of heavy-duty foil about 24x12-inches, then spray the inside of the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Place the broccoli in the center of the foil.
- 4Fold up the foil slightly to create a "pan".
- 5In a bowl combine the undiluted soup, bell pepper, onion, half-and-half, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper; mix well to combine.
- 6Add/stir in grated cheddar cheese; mix to combine.
- 7Pour the cheese mixture over broccoli.
- 8Fold up the sides and ends of the foil to seal packet, leaving head space for heat circulation.
- 9Cut a small slit on the top of the foil to allow steam to escape.
- 10Place the packet on a baking sheet.
- 11Bake in oven (or place on an outdoor grill) for about 25-35 minutes or until the veggies are crisp-tender.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Cheese Sauce Baked in a Pocket
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 754.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 14.6 g