Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You will need a large heavy-duty foil for this recipe, add in some canned drained mushrooms too if desired. If you prefer the cheese sauce with a zip then use cayenne pepper in place of the black pepper. I have even made this on my outdoor grill many times.
Top Review by mommymakeit4u
This was delicious!! Baked for 28 minutes which seemed to be perfect. The red pepper was nice for colour, but not completely necessary. If I didnt have a pepper on hand, Id just make it without.
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets (uncooked, can use less)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup grated old cheddar cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream (or for a thicker sauce use whipping cream)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (can use more)
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 450°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet and a piece of heavy-duty foil about 24x12-inches, then spray the inside of the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the broccoli in the center of the foil.
- Fold up the foil slightly to create a "pan".
- In a bowl combine the undiluted soup, bell pepper, onion, half-and-half, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper; mix well to combine.
- Add/stir in grated cheddar cheese; mix to combine.
- Pour the cheese mixture over broccoli.
- Fold up the sides and ends of the foil to seal packet, leaving head space for heat circulation.
- Cut a small slit on the top of the foil to allow steam to escape.
- Place the packet on a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven (or place on an outdoor grill) for about 25-35 minutes or until the veggies are crisp-tender.