Recipe by SlipC
My hubby is a big rice fan, and this is one of his favorite kinds. Great for the holidays and potluck dinners.
Top Review by linda sapp
My family enjoyed this recipe so much I am asked to make it every week. This recipe was easy to make and turned out great the first time I made it. After making it a few times, I substituted Velveeta cheese with the cheese spread, adding a little extra because my family likes theirs cheesy, and used lowfat evaporated milk. This recipe is versitile because you could substitute many of the ingredients like using fresh broccoli or even cauliflower for the frozen broccoli. Its a big hit with my family. Thanks Lindadee
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) jar cheese spread
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion, celery and broccoli in butter for 3-5 minutes, Stir in cheese, soup, and milk until smooth.
- Place rice in greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Pour cheese mixture over rice, do not stir.
- Bake uncovered at 325°F for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.