Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is great for a Sunday morning brunch. Also great with green salad and rolls for lunch or dinner.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 lb butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1 chopped shallots or 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato (optional)
- Crust: Cream cheese and butter together.
- Add flour and mix.
- Press into greased pie plate.
- Filling: Saute shallot or onions and mushrooms in butter until soft.
- In blender, combine eggs, half and half, milk, salt and pepper.
- To assemble, place mushrooms and shallot in bottom of pie crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese; add broccoli and tomatoes.
- Pour egg and milk mixture over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let set 5 minutes before serving.
Very good thank you for sharing!
Wonderful quiche -- I used light cream cheese also and used a bit more mushrooms and a bit less brocolli than called for (adjusting by what we had) for a wonderful meatless meal. Leftovers will be perfect for lunch tomorrow. Thanks Whisper for sharing this keeper recipe.
Great quiche, Whisper! The only change I made was to use fresh broccoli in place of the frozen, and I also used light cream cheese (since that was all I had). The end result was a delicious quiche which we had for dinner. I made a tossed salad and some fresh rolls to go with it. Believe it or not, there isn't much left :( We both really enjoyed it and DH said it's definitely five stars. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe, Whisper. It will certainly be a regular menu item here!