Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I guess you can say this is a crustless quiche. This I made because I had a lot of left over broccoli and it came out quite good.Great for a brunch. Serve as a meatless lunch or dinner with a side salad. Can be served hot or cold.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 8 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 cup asiago cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan that can be put into the oven, melt butter and saute onions for 3 minutes add the garlic, seasoning and broccoli stir and cover cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together rest of ingredients.
- Pour over broccoli mixture spreading to evenly coat and bake in oven till puffy and browned about 25-30 minutes.
I made this recipe cut in half (with four eggs) as a gluten free quiche recipe. I made it with cheddar cheese and added a can of sliced mushrooms and a tbl spoon of sour cream. It was VERY Good, my husband and I enjoyed it very much.
Rita...made your Broccoli and cheese pie tonight, it was so delicious..I was looking for something that was tasty, and easy to put together, as i am just recovering from surgery, this just fit the bill perfectly......I had the broccoli already frozen in the freezer, the only thing I changed was I used Swiss cheese instead of Monterey and Asiago, and i added some fresh chopped garlic in with the onions...it still was delicious, I will be making this again, thanks Rita...another winner...KC :-)
A lovely quiche, and a great way to use up excess broccoli. I didn't have the cheeses called for and used what I had in, old sharp cheddar and happened to have some fresh mozzarella, oh my was it tasty!! Also used veggie spray instead of butter. just made a small one about half a recipe, we enjoyed it very much with a salad. thanks for posting, i will be making it again.