Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Low Gi recipe, very filling. Nice served with whole grain toast and melon.
Make and share this Broccoli and Cheese Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Dropped in chopped broccoli and cook just until soft and bright green. Drain, place broccoli in a small bowl and stir in the cheese.
- Blend egg, egg whites, hot sauce, salt and pepper briskly with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a 7-10 inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Tilt the skillet to swirl oil over the surface. Pour in the egg mixture and wait 2-3 minutes, then sprinkle broccoli cheese mixture over the omelet. Continue to cook until almost set and the bottom is golden. This should take about 1 minute.
- Use a spatula to fold the omelet.