Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These delicious little quiche's are BURSTING with flavor and will please any guest, morning or evening!
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped )
- 3 slices sourdough bread (or favorite type of bread)
- Preheat oven to 350 derees.
- Prepare muffin tins with cooking spray. I used larger muffin tins but size doesn't necessarily matter.
- Place 3 thick slices of bread in oven on the rack for about 4 minutes. Just long enough for the bread to get toasted. Upon removing bread from the oven, cut each piece of bread into 4 pieces. Place one piece of toasted bread in each tin.
- In a skillet, saute 2T. butter with onion until onion is soft and browned.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, dry mustard, and pepper; set aside.
- Layer cheese, broccoli and onion around the bread in the muffin tin. Pour egg mixture over bread, cheese, onion and broccoli.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Makes 6 large muffin tin quiche's.