Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe that my mom used for years, it's definitely a comfort food
- 566.99 g chopped broccoli or 566.99 g broccoli florets
- 113.39 g American cheese, grated
- 297.66 g cream of mushroom soup
- 158.51 ml evaporated milk
- Cook broccoli and drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Top with additional grated cheese or 1 cup french fried onion rings.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
LOVE broccoli and cheese anything! :) This was easy to make and very good. I used frozen broccoli florets that I cooked halfway in the microwave and drained. Didnt find shredded American cheese so used a colby cheese blend. Had golden mushroom soup on hand so used that along with the fried onions I had. Great flavor and no mushy broccoli. Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef - Spring 2014.
There was no way I was going to use a mushroom soup in this recipe, so substituted a cream of celery soup for it, & I used the additional cheese on top & that made for a very satisfying dish! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]