Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my favorite recipe ever. It comes from my great-grandmother and it's fantastic! I've noticed most of the brocolli casserole recipe's are using mayonnaise, mine uses sour cream instead and I think you will love the change. Let me know how you like it!
- 2 lbs frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- Shred all of the cheese and mix together (try not to use already shredded cheese as it doesn't seem to melt down as well).
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook broccoli and drain.
- Mix sour cream, soup, egg and a large handful of shredded cheese in separate bowl.
- Pour half of broccoli into casserole dish.
- Spread a layer of sour cream mixture over broccoli.
- Cut up slices of butter and place evenly over the mixture.
- Spread layer of cheese over mixture.
- Repeat broccoli, mixture and cheese steps.
- Melt a few slices of butter in microwave and mix with bread crumbs and top the casserole with the bread crumb topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbling in center.
Definitely yummy. However, I halved the quantity of the sauce ingredients and the cheese... the broccoli seemed well-coated with just half the suggested amounts. Also - how much of the bread crumbs are we supposed to use? There wasn't a measurement given. Thanks!
Delicious and very easy to make. I just made it as a side dish for our supper. However, it will probably become one of my new favorite dishes to pass! Thank you for a great new recipe! PF, Elkhorn Wi