Recipe by Kim1
Love to make this on those cold Winter days when you just need warming up inside.
Top Review by dragonbaby
The directions were not written well, it says add broth adn then next 6 ingredients, well broth was the second to last on the list. The directions also said to add flour, but flour was not in the ingredient list, so I had to guess, and ended up adding too much.
- 3 quarts water
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon green chili pepper flakes
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 3 quarts water to boil in a dutch oven; add broccoli and cook 7 minutess or until tender, drain; set aside.
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray.
- Add margarine and place over medium heat until melted.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add broccoli and onion mixture.
- Process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally; set aside.
- Combine yogurt and flour in a large saucepan, stirring with a wire whisk.
- Add broth and next 6 ingredients; stir well.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add broccoli mixture; stir well.
- Add 3/4 cup cheese, stirring until melted.
- Ladle soup into bowls; top with remaining cheese.