Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Love to make this on those cold Winter days when you just need warming up inside.
- 3 quarts water
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon green chili pepper flakes
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Bring 3 quarts water to boil in a dutch oven; add broccoli and cook 7 minutess or until tender, drain; set aside.
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray.
- Add margarine and place over medium heat until melted.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add broccoli and onion mixture.
- Process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally; set aside.
- Combine yogurt and flour in a large saucepan, stirring with a wire whisk.
- Add broth and next 6 ingredients; stir well.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add broccoli mixture; stir well.
- Add 3/4 cup cheese, stirring until melted.
- Ladle soup into bowls; top with remaining cheese.
The directions were not written well, it says add broth adn then next 6 ingredients, well broth was the second to last on the list. The directions also said to add flour, but flour was not in the ingredient list, so I had to guess, and ended up adding too much.