Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from a magazine
Make and share this Broccoli and Cheddar Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Break broccoli in to tiny florets and mix with the crumbled bacon, place in salad bowl.
- Place raisins and craisins in 1 cup of warm water for 5 minutes to plump, drain.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice together and set aside.
- Add the chopped green onion and the raisins and craisins to the broccoli mixture.
- Season with the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the mayo and sour cream mixture and gently mix together.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and serve.
Great salad for a change of pace. I really had my doubts about this one, but after letting it sit for a couple of hours it was delicious. The broccoli does not need to be blanched first because the dressing "cooks" it just a little bit so the salad is crisp-tender. I also like that this salad does not need a lot of dressing. I just thought 1 cup of cheese was too much. Go easy on the salt or omit. Thanks for posting.