Recipe by Mika G.
This is from the book "The Food That You Crave" by Ellie Krieger.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Follow the directions exactly - the frittata comes out cooked to perfection! I also tried it with zucchini and it was great too. It's easier to get your 7-9 servings of veggies for the day if you start with breakfast! I refrigerated this and microwaved a slice each morning for four days...turned out great.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, cut in half and sliced into half-moons
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Combine the whole eggs, egg whites, and water in a medium bowl and whisk well.
- In a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet, covering them evenly. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and let cook until the egg mixture has set around the edges of the pan but is still somewhat liquid in the middle, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Place the skillet under the broiler about 2 inches from the heat until the surface is set and golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook or the egg mixture will become tough.
- Cut the frittata into 8 wedges and serve.