Recipe by LuckyMomof3
I got this off of a milk calendar, it sounds and looks devine! I haven't tried it yet but definately will.
Top Review by WillsMommy
I made a roux, like everyone else. Threw in some garlic powder and a dash of pepper, reduced the milk to two cups and the cheese to one and a half cups. Made a simple, yummy cheese sauce, super fast. It could use a little more zest, though.
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 3 cups broccoli, pieces (about one bunch)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender (about 10 min.).
- Stir in broccoli and drain immediately and return to pot.
- Whisk flour, salt and pepper into milk and pour over pasta.
- Stir in mustard and cook stirring over medium-high heat for 5 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.