Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crunchy, and nicely seasoned I made this with items I already had on hand. Packing it up for my lunch tomorrow and I can hardly wait to get to work so I can unpack this delight! From Ingrid Hoffman.
- 1 medium head broccoli, stalks thinly sliced and florets chopped
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- Combine the broccoli, celery, and red onion in a large mixing bowl.
- To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, zest, cumin, chili powder, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir to combine. Cover and allow the slaw to sit for at least 30 minutes, tossing every so often to combine well. Top with raisins before serving.
Very good and so good for you, too!
This is a very easy to make & tasty salad, & I pretty much followed the list of ingredients, although I did leave the florets intact, but small, while actually adding a whole cup of raisins! Definitely worth making again! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
Just made this wonderful salad, worths 5 stars for sure. Whoever even is not a fan of broccoli or celery, would love this salad. Thanks for sharing it.