Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and elegant side dish using my favourite vegetables.
- 1⁄2 cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 heads broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
- 30 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Steam cauliflower and broccoli until just tender.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and add steamed vegetables, cheese and almonds.
- Toss together so vegetables are well coated.
- Serve immediately.
I was looking for a broccoli with almond recipe when I came across this one. and I liked the idea of combining veggies. My broccoli was large and it soaked up a lot of butter and my almonds clumped up, but I know that was my fault and not the recipe's. Only thing I added was lots of pepper. I had given my mom some leftovers, and she raved about the dish.