Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Two vegetables that are dear to my dining room table! This recipe, however, is current & comes from the 13 Mar 07 issue of Woman's World. It's just one more way to jazz up these two veggies!
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Add broccoli & cauliflower, & cook until just tender, about 3 minutes, then drain & set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic, minced onion, salt & pepper, & cook until garlic is softened, about 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water & the broccoli & cauliflower.
- Cover & cook, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley & serve.
Unusual but so tasty! I used dried garlic instead of fresh and olive oil instead of butter. The result was a tasty, healthy salad. That for sharing! Made it for the 12 days of Christmas Swap.
My family thought this was okay. But they felt it would have been better roasted in the oven with additional garlic
I made this yesterday for guests at an informal dinner. The veggies were delicious and an excellent side dish for the baked pork chops and potatoes. It was also very easy to make. My husband had put the broccoli & cauliflower to boil before giving me the chance to cut them up. After they were just tender, I drained them well and chopped them coarsely. I then sauteed 3 minced garlic cloves and one chopped onion, as I used one large cauliflower and 2 smallish broccoli. I used lemon pepper instead of plain pepper, and good quality olive oil instead of butter. The verdict was thumbs up all around the table. Looking forward to the leftovers for lunch.