Recipe by Sydney Mike
Two vegetables that are dear to my dining room table! This recipe, however, is current & comes from the 13 Mar 07 issue of Woman's World. It's just one more way to jazz up these two veggies!
Top Review by katia
Unusual but so tasty! I used dried garlic instead of fresh and olive oil instead of butter. The result was a tasty, healthy salad. That for sharing! Made it for the 12 days of Christmas Swap.
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Add broccoli & cauliflower, & cook until just tender, about 3 minutes, then drain & set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic, minced onion, salt & pepper, & cook until garlic is softened, about 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water & the broccoli & cauliflower.
- Cover & cook, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley & serve.