Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great easy salad.
- 1 lb fresh cauliflower, chopped
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine cauliflower, broccoli, and onion; mix well.
- Combine remaining ingredients, mixing well; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
I make this recipe all the time but with mine I add red onion.....very tasty!!!! So many people that have ate this at my gatherings have asked for the recipe!!!!!
I make this and add 1/2 cup of raisins and a 1/2 cup of cashews right before serving. It adds a little pizzazz and is great!
Tip to anyone wondering "shouldn't I blanch the veg's first"? NO! Just cut the florettes bite-size and let the salad sit for a few hours or overnight (stir occasionally); the texture is perfect. I agree with others on "a little less sugar."