Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
From What's Cooking by Kraft and submitted by a reader
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets and blanched
- 1 medium broccoli, cut into florets and blanched
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated old cheddar cheese (or try feta?)
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits (or veggie bacon bits)
- 1 cup Miracle Whip (try using reduced fat)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Toss veggies, cheese and bacon bits in bowl.
- Mix dressing and mustard.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- *To blanch veggies, plunge into boiling water briefly (2 minutes), then into cold water to stop the cooking process.).
I like every thing about this recipe except the texture of the veggies after being blanched. The flavors are really good together. I will try it again with raw veggies. Thanks for posting.
This is soooo delicious, D. Added more veggies ((green, red peppers, yellow squash, capers), since I had them from another recipe--(didn't blanch, tho); followed the recipe otherwise. Lots of crunchiness--love it! Great summer-time salad!
Simple salad that's easy to whip up and very economical too! I used cheddar cheese shreds, some leftover bacon and Miracle Whip Light. I was glad that I blanched the veggies - I think that is a very good idea as it softens the broccoli and cauliflower just a tiny bit, thanks for including the instructions on how to do it. Made for Zaar Stars tag game.