Recipe by Manami
This is another take on this popular salad. It is a nice and refreshing change during any meal, especially a summer day meal. I found this on www.nancysuemain.com & don't know when.
Top Review by cookin mimi
I received this dish from a very dear friend who is now gone. My DH and I LOVED it and I have been looking for this exact recipe on Zaar (oops, I mean Food.com) Thanks for posting this --I will making it again and again.
- 1 head broccoli, cut in small pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 12 slices cooked bacon, coarsely crumbled or 12 slices turkey bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup substitute sugar, Splenda
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste