Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another take on this popular salad. It is a nice and refreshing change during any meal, especially a summer day meal. I found this on www.nancysuemain.com & don't know when.
- 1 head broccoli, cut in small pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 12 slices cooked bacon, coarsely crumbled or 12 slices turkey bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup substitute sugar, Splenda
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste
- Place broccoli, cauliflower, pecans, raisins and onion in a large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and gently toss to coat.
- Sprinkle bacon pieces on top.
- Chill about 20 minutes to 4 hours.
- Hope you enjoy!
I received this dish from a very dear friend who is now gone. My DH and I LOVED it and I have been looking for this exact recipe on Zaar (oops, I mean Food.com) Thanks for posting this --I will making it again and again.
I made this salad for a family get together yesterday. They LOVED it! I cut the onion down to 1/4, but will leave it out next time. It did not over power the salad, my husband and I are not raw onion fans is all. I made it the day before and did not add the bacon until it was ready to be served. My mother in law who does not eat much could not keep her hands off of it! Thanks for sharing!