Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another take on this popular salad. It is a nice and refreshing change during any meal, especially a summer day meal. I found this on www.nancysuemain.com & don't know when.
- 1 head broccoli, cut in small pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 12 slices cooked bacon, coarsely crumbled or 12 slices turkey bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup substitute sugar, Splenda
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste
- Place broccoli, cauliflower, pecans, raisins and onion in a large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and gently toss to coat.
- Sprinkle bacon pieces on top.
- Chill about 20 minutes to 4 hours.
- Hope you enjoy!