Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
A colourful and crunchy side dish that will compliment any meal.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bunch broccoli, stems removed and separated into florets
- 1 small cauliflower, separated into florets
- salt and pepper
- Blend butter, mustard and lemon juice together.
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower, covered, until tender (about 5 to 6 minutes) Drain vegetables, return to hot saucepan and toss to evaporate any excess moisture Season with salt and pepper.
- Add mustard butter.
- Toss to coat well and serve immediately.
Simple and easy - that's what I like. I added wholegrain mustard instead of Dijon, because I like the "nutty" taste. Has quite a diatinct taste of its own, and is better served with food that is not so overpowering, so that each dish compliments one anoher, rather than competing against eachother.
Very easy to prepare and liked the taste...! Please share more of such quickies that score great on the taste as well..! I also sprinkled chopped leaves of fresh coriander before serving this dish !
This was good but I was hoping for a little more flavour - I found that it just didn't coat very well even with letting the water evaporate. I served with cajun salmon and potatoes and it was a nice side dish. Thanks for posting.