Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and delicious vegetarian side dish.
- 60 g broccoli (florets)
- 60 g cauliflower (florets)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 80 g cheddar cheese (grated and vegetarian)
- 40 g plain breadcrumbs
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower. It is important not to over cook - steam until just tender.
- Place the vegetables, oil and half of the cheese in a medium saucepan on low heat. Stir continuously until cheese is melted.
- Transfer mixture into an ovenware dish and cover with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in oven at 180°C until edges are bubbling and breadcrumbs are golden.
Awesome veggie side. It was so yummy tasting you'd wonder if there were even vegetables in it!! I used 2 cups broccoli, 1 1/2 cups cauliflower, 1/2 cup cheese, and 1/2 cup crushed croutons. I cooked it at 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes and it made 3 servings. So delicious, thanks for sharing!!
This was a tasty, healthy, easy side dish. I used a low fat cheese blend and Italian seasoned breadcrumbs. I converted the measurements to U.S. and adjusted times 4 to use a 16 oz combo bag of broccoli and cauliflower. The oven Temp of 180C converted to 356 degrees F and I baked it at 350F. Thanks for sharing your recipe. It's a keeper.