Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great for a party or potluck!
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- Cook vegetables in separate pots in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place evenly in buttered 11 x 7 baking dish or casserole.
- Beat eggs; combine with mayo, onion, soup, and 1/2 cup cheese. Pour evenly over vegetables.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over sauce.
- Pour melted butter over entire casserole.
- Distribute crushed croutons over melted butter,.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
This is a great casserole. I used just cauliflower and made a few other changes to lighten it up a bit. I used light mayo and didn't drizzle any butter on top at all. It was still very rich and creamy. Definitely a great way to use up cauliflower! I will try it with both cauliflower and broccoli next time. Thanks for the good recipe.
Great recipe. It was a big hit today with the adults AND the young children. Thank you for sharing it.
I made this dish to take to Easter dinner. It was one of the first to disappear. Can't wait to make it again. Made for PAC Spring 2009.