This creamy side dish will go great with any entree and makes a lovely presentation.
Make and share this Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower and cook just until tender.
- Drain, reserving liquid.
- Add milk to the vegetable liquid to measure 2 1/2 cups.
- Turn vegetables into a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in the saucepan over medium heat and lightly saute garlic, but do not brown it.
- Blend in the flour, stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually stir in milk mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over broccoli and cauliflower.
- Dot with remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and paprika and sprinkle over vegetables.
- Bake at 450° for about 20 minutes, until casserole is bubbly.