Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From BC Simple Winter Meals. Cheesy, but not the usual cheddar sauce.
Make and share this Broccoli and Carrots in Creamy Parmesan Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, mnced
- salt and pepper
- Place broccoli and carrots in 1 inch of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender or done to your liking. Drain and keep warm.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine cream cheese, parmesan, milk, butter, garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook mixture, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and mixture is smooth, hot and creamy. Do not boil cheese sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Plate hot vegetables and cover with cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with snipped chives.
I made a double batch of sauce and mixed one with just the broccoli and carrots and one with broccoli and cauliflower. Both were great, I did end up doubling the cheese on the broccoli and cauliflower - I think the combo of the Broccoli and Cauliflower overpowered the cheese.
DH and I loved this! So, so good and easy. I diced up some roasted red pepper and carmelized onions that I had in the refrigerator and made the sauce with reduced-fat cream cheese. Creamy and wonderful!
Delicious! The family really enjoyed this. DD loved it and suggested I increase the sauce and toss it with pasta (maybe next time - but I liked it as is). I used reduced fat cream cheese and it still stirred up smooth and creamy. Thanks Sue Lau.