Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From BC Simple Winter Meals. Cheesy, but not the usual cheddar sauce.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, mnced
- salt and pepper
- Place broccoli and carrots in 1 inch of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender or done to your liking. Drain and keep warm.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine cream cheese, parmesan, milk, butter, garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook mixture, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and mixture is smooth, hot and creamy. Do not boil cheese sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Plate hot vegetables and cover with cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with snipped chives.
I made a double batch of sauce and mixed one with just the broccoli and carrots and one with broccoli and cauliflower. Both were great, I did end up doubling the cheese on the broccoli and cauliflower - I think the combo of the Broccoli and Cauliflower overpowered the cheese.
DH and I loved this! So, so good and easy. I diced up some roasted red pepper and carmelized onions that I had in the refrigerator and made the sauce with reduced-fat cream cheese. Creamy and wonderful!
Delicious! The family really enjoyed this. DD loved it and suggested I increase the sauce and toss it with pasta (maybe next time - but I liked it as is). I used reduced fat cream cheese and it still stirred up smooth and creamy. Thanks Sue Lau.