Recipe by Bev
This colorful steamed broccoli side dish is loaded with vitamin C! If you don't have a steamer basket, improvise with a metal colander to prepare this healthy vegetable dish. I have played with this recipe to suit my tastes, but originally found it in BH&G.
Top Review by GinnyP
Bev, this is such a colorful and delicious side dish! I could make a meal of it. I used butter, since I don't care for margarine. I used red pepper (my favorite), and since I had cauliflower and broccoli to use up, I had a medley. Simply wonderful and loaded with good nutrients! Thanks for this recipe. : )
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 1 sweet red peppers or 1 yellow sweet pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broccoli and pepper in a steamer basket over simmering water.
- Steam, covered, for 8 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Arrange on a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan melt the butter.
- Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over broccoli mixture.