Recipe by Quiet Man
This is a great healthy side dish for most meats and main dishes. Presentation is great.
Top Review by MariaLuisa
We adore this simple preparation -- it is now our default side dish when we dine asian. The first time I steamed it in a skillet, but subsequently I steam it in a pot because it's easier for me.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium red sweet peppers or 2 medium yellow sweet peppers, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together soy sauce, lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Set aside.
- Place a steamer basket in a 12 inch skillet.
- Add enough water to come just below bottom of basket and bring to a boil.
- Place broccoli in steamer basket and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and steam for 4 minutes.
- Add sweet peppers.
- cover and steam for 3 to 4 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle sauce over vegetables and toss gently to coat.