Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great healthy side dish for most meats and main dishes. Presentation is great.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium red sweet peppers or 2 medium yellow sweet peppers, cut into strips
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together soy sauce, lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Set aside.
- Place a steamer basket in a 12 inch skillet.
- Add enough water to come just below bottom of basket and bring to a boil.
- Place broccoli in steamer basket and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and steam for 4 minutes.
- Add sweet peppers.
- cover and steam for 3 to 4 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle sauce over vegetables and toss gently to coat.
We adore this simple preparation -- it is now our default side dish when we dine asian. The first time I steamed it in a skillet, but subsequently I steam it in a pot because it's easier for me.
Very good! Loved the flavors of the sesame oil, lemon & soy sauce and the vegetables. I ate the broccoli while my DH ate the peppers. Made for "Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game (Nov '08 - Dec '09)."
So simple and quick to make. So very tasty. So healthy. What more could you ask. Thnx for posting. Adopted for Spring 2008 PAC.