Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Husband came home with this recipe from a co-worker. He had it at a potluck at work and said it was so good. And it is!
- 4 -6 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope hollandaise sauce mix (dry powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- Boil broccoli in the chicken stock in a 2 quart saucepan until fork tender.
- Take off the heat and cool, then add hollandaise mix (right out of the package) and onion before blending in a blender. Blend to a texture for your tastes.
- Add salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add bacon, heavy cream and simmer until the soup thickens.
We enjoyed the flavor combinations of this soup. I'll make it again, but leave larger chunks of broccoli (I chopped them too small), and since my husband found it a bit on the salty side, I'll leave out the teaspoon of salt. I think there's enough salt from the bacon and the hollandaise powder mix. Overall, a great addition to my cookbook!