Recipe by Wild Irish Roses
Our family has been making this tasty salad for years. This year I decided to lighten it up by reducing the amount of mayo. Adding sour cream and using turkey bacon rather than regular bacon. Among other changes. We like it better than the original.
Top Review by luanno
This dish using raw broccoli is so delicious you won't want to stop eating it! It is rich and wonderfully tasty with pecans and raisins for an extra punch of flavor! Try it, you'll love it!!
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, chopped (bite size)
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked crispy crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup any dried fruit
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup light Italian dressing
- 4 (1 g) packets artificial sweetener
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix together the chopped vegetables, bacon, dried fruits and nuts.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, sour cream, Italian dressing, sweetener, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well. Cover and Chill for at least one hour. Over night is best.