Recipe by Kitchen__Princess
Another savory muffin. Great for a snack, light lunch or an accompaniment to soup.
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 4 slices bacon (or 4 rashers bacon)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 150 g tasty cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 210°C Lightly grease 12 muffin tins.
- Place broccoli florets in a pot, cover with boiling water and boil 2 minutes. Refresh under cold water and pat dry on a paper towel.
- Heat a non-stick pan and saute bacon and onion until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl lightly whisk together eggs and milk.
- Stir in broccoli, bacon, onion and cheese.
- Fold broccoli mixture into dry ingredients and stir quickly to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 12-15 minutes until muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
- Makes 12.