- 1 1⁄2 lbs of tender broccoli, cut from stems into small pieces (apx 1/2-inch)
- 1 avocado, cut into small bite size cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- First place cubed avoacdo in bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to prevent darkening.
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and cook until barely tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain, cool under cold water, drain again.
- Add broccoli to avocado and add in nuts.
- In a small bowl whisk remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, mustard, parsley and oil in a stream until blended.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss gently.