Recipe by Kizzikate
I like this version because there's no mayo- just a light Dijon dressing that enhances the flavors. This is best when chilled overnight. Adjust sugar to taste, before dressing the salad. Cooking time includes chilling.
Top Review by MollyJ
I liked this a lot. It is tasty and DH said who would have thought of putting apples with broccoli. Very light and tasty and I thought it did okay in the fridge for at least a couple days; after that the apples become a little too vinegar saturated though I ate it all. It begs to be messed with not for the sake of improvement but because it is adaptable. I had only purchased a couple of broccoli crowns so I added in some chopped celery and that was very good, too. Well worth repeating.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 head fresh broccoli, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄2 lb apple, chopped (Fugi or Braeburn are best)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped