Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a great and unusual sauce for pasta. It's also a snap to put together.
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli, chopped
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 (3 ounce) can anchovies, drained and chopped
- Cook broccoli until tender in boiling, salted water.
- Put back in pan.
- Toss in cream until heated through.
- Fry breadcrumbs in butter until golden.
- Add anchovies and cook until heated through.
- Top pasta with the broccoli sauce.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs and anchovies over.
I made some changes, but I don't think I altered the 'soul' of the recipe so it's legitimate to give five stars--it is delicious! And the contrast between the softness of pasta and the texture of the broccoli and the crunchy salty crumbs flavored by the anchovy is just lovely! In fact, I am already devising other uses for the crumbs. My changes--I used low fat sour cream in place of cream; I used olive oil in place of butter; and I sauteed the anchovies in the oil first so that they kind of melted into the oil, and then added the bread crumbs. I loved this! Thanks, Ev, and forgive the recipe-tampering, please.