Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Broccoli and cheese soup made better! Find a good aged cheddar and enjoy this one!
- 2 diced onions
- 8 cups broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- salt and pepper
- Warm butter and olive oil in a large pot. Add broccoli (chopped into small piece) and onions and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and and simmer until the broccoli is cooked (20-30mins).
- Pour into a blender and puree. I like it a little chunky so I do a quick puree.
- Return to pot and add the Worcestershire sauce, heavy cream and cheddar, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in sherry and parsley and remove from heat. Garnish with Sprig of parsley and any remaining crumbled aged cheddar!
Great broccoli cheese soup! I made this just as written. I did a quick puree with my immersion blender so there would still be some veggie chunks. I used Tillamook aged white cheddar. It was terrific. Thanx for sharing!