Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Super smooth and creamy. Great cheese taste. Enjoy.
Make and share this Broccoli and 3 Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 12 ounces onions, Diced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, Grated
- 4 ounces American cheese, Grated
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, Cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Steam broccoli until tender, and drain. Set aside.
- Melt butter over medium-low heat, and add diced onions. Cook until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add flour, and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slowly add cream (you can also use Half-and-Half, evaporated milk, regular milk, or a combination), stirring continuously.
- Slowly add the stock, stirring continuously.
- Add the 3 cheeses.
- Stir until smooth.
- Puree about 1 cup of the broccoli.
- Add the puree and the rest of the florets to the soup.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir occasionally until heated through (about 15 minutes).