Recipe by Tisme
Got this from a show on the A.B.C. As we are family of Broccoli lovers, I tried this for something different, and the family enjoyed it so much. Easy and so quick and a great side dish to any meal.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Made this for dinner tonight thinking it would be a family favorite, but instead I had some family members say that they would have loved the dish without butter, and others saying they loved the butter but not the lemon juice. I plan on making it again however; but with a little less butter and lemon juice to see what they think. Made and reviewed for the 46th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
- 1 cut and blanched head of broccoli
- 100 g butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 50 g roasted sliced almonds
- flaked sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whilst broccoli is still hot from blanching,heat the butter and extra virgin olive oil in a pan until a light brown colour.(Using olive oil inhibits the burning of butter).
- Add roasted almond flakes and toss.
- Place blanched broccoli in pan.
- Pour over with juice of the lemon, and use seasonings to taste.