Recipe by Barb G.
If you think Alfredo sauce- that divine mixture of butter, cheese and cream-takes time and patience and is best left to those in white toques, this 15 minute recipe may change your mind. The recipe is courtesy Real Simple Solutions.
- 14.79 ml salt
- 226.79 g dry fettuccine
- 946.36 ml broccoli florets
- 59.16 ml butter
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated, good quality
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1.23 ml nutmeg (optional)
- 7.39 ml fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the salt in a large pot of water and bring to a boil; add fettuccine and cook according to package directions for al dente; during the last 3 minutes of cooking, add the broccoli.
- Drain in a colander, RESERVING 1 cup of the WATER; set aside.
- Place the butter in the pot, reduce heat to medium-low ,and stir until melted; add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water, then stir in 1/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Add the fettuccine and broccoli and the cayenne and nutmeg, if desired; toss.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with another 1/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese and the pepper, toss again. Adding more pasta water if the fettuccine is too sticky; serve in bowls and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese, enjoy.