Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you think Alfredo sauce- that divine mixture of butter, cheese and cream-takes time and patience and is best left to those in white toques, this 15 minute recipe may change your mind. The recipe is courtesy Real Simple Solutions.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb dry fettuccine
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated, good quality
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- Place the salt in a large pot of water and bring to a boil; add fettuccine and cook according to package directions for al dente; during the last 3 minutes of cooking, add the broccoli.
- Drain in a colander, RESERVING 1 cup of the WATER; set aside.
- Place the butter in the pot, reduce heat to medium-low ,and stir until melted; add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water, then stir in 1/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Add the fettuccine and broccoli and the cayenne and nutmeg, if desired; toss.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with another 1/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese and the pepper, toss again. Adding more pasta water if the fettuccine is too sticky; serve in bowls and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese, enjoy.
We found this a litle dry. Might try it again adding more pasta water to the sauce.
Delicious, Barb! I've never made one of your recipes and have it turn out anything but great! I used small corkscrew pasta but followed everything else exactly. So quick and easy! Thanks.
Wow, really tasty! Quick and easy, too. Thanks for sharing!