Recipe by ThatJodiGirl
This is a tasty broccoli and cheese side dish, it is easy to make and goes well with almost anything. Delicious!
Top Review by Donna M.
This is a great side dish. I used a mixture of broccoli and cauliflower instead of all broccoli. The directions were a little vague so I called my mom, who has made this before. Her recipe said to melt 1/4 cup of the margarine with the cheese, pour over the broccoli and then melt the other half to mix with the crumbled crackers (I only used 1/2 cup total margarine). Then I topped the casserole with the buttered crumbs and baked 1/2 hour. I used two of the inner wrapped tubes of crackers--not the whole box, and it was plenty.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 24 Ritz crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain the broccoli.
- Place broccoli in a buttered, 2 quart casserole baking dish.
- Over low - medium heat, melt 1/4 cup of margarine or butter and Velveeta, until smooth and pour on top of the broccoli.
- Crush 1 tube of Ritz crackers and mix all ingredients together, in the casserole dish.
- Melt rest of margarine or butter and pour over the top and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes .