Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was one I tried to replicate after a wonderful meal in a Dallas restaurant. It can easily be made in advance and baked before serving.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Blanch broccoli florets in boiling water for 4 minutes and drain well.
- In a cup combine lemon juice and butter. Mix well. Set aside.
- In greased baking dish lay broccoli down on the bottom of dish. Next sprinkle parmesan on top of broccoli. Next sprinkle almonds on the top of the casserole.
- Dot the whole top of the casserole with the butter/lemon juice mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake, in preheated 325°F oven, for 15-20 minutes.
Lovely way to serve Broccoli. I ommitted the almonds, but it was still nice. A mild flavor, but great when you need to whip up a side dish in a hurry. Very easy, and most ingredients are on hand any time. Thanks!