Simple and delicious. A true Italian staple for any dinner. This recipe is just about the ONLY way my mother and grandmother cooked their vegetables!
- Steam broccoli over a pot of boiling water, or in a veggie steamer, for about 5 minutes.
- Feel free to steam more or less, depending on how your family likes their veggies cooked.
- Keep in mind that you will also be sautéing the broccoli in the next step.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 45 seconds to impart its flavors into the oil.
- Before the garlic begins to brown, add the red pepper flakes and broccoli to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
As a true broccoli lover I found this a great tasting, low fat, pleasure. I made just one serving for myself but I have more broccoli in the fridge, yay! I pre-cooked it very lightly and after the pan saute it was still tender-firm (can't say it was crisp,lol) with beautiful summer green color. Cretainly a keeper.
Very easy! I will prepare this on Sunday for my husband! I think the crushed red pepper flakes made a twist on this recipe. I will add more garlic, can't wait to do this!! <3
YUM! I eyeballed the ingredients, and it was delicious!! Very easy, and doesn't take too long to cook. A very welcome change to plain steamed broccoli. I'll definitely make this often!