Recipe by Boomette
I was looking for recipes with broccoflower on Zaar and only 2 were available. So I found this one on Epicurious. And it looks delicious and I want to share with my Zaar Friends :) The recipe comes from Gary Archer: San Jose, California
Top Review by Debbwl
I am always on the lookout for new and tasty ways to enjoy veggies and this fits the bill. While we like Broccoflower could not get any this week at the store so used broccoli instead, cannot wait to try again using Broccoflower. The combo of fresh bay leaf, crushed red pepper and garlic is just wonderful. Thanks for the post.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 head broccoflower, trimmed (about 2 pounds) or 1 head broccoli, cut into 1-inch flowerets
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook garlic and red pepper flakes in oil over moderate heat, stirring, 1 minute. Add broccoflower and sautÃ© over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add water and cook, covered, 5 minutes, or until broccoflower is just tender. Add vinegar, butter, and salt and pepper to taste and gently toss until butter is melted.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and sprinkle with basil and Parmesan.