Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by Jean M. I love guacamole, but it's so high in calories & fat (though it's the good kind of fat) that I hardly ever eat it. Adding broccoli reduces the calories & fat, but still has the flavor and texture of guacamole.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled & pitted
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into crowns
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (to taste)
- Steam the broccoli until tender.
- Put in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth.