Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Dazzling Delightful Delicious. This is so good. Broad beans are also called Fava Beans. The lemon zest just brightens up this dish.
- 1 lb fresh broad bean, or
- frozen broad bean
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup crusty fresh breadcrumb
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the beans in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain, plunge into cold water to stop the cooking. Drain again. Remove and discard outer shell from beans.
- To make the pangrattato:.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add bread crumbs and cook, stirring occasionally, until breadcrumbs are golden.
- Add lemon zest and garlic and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet over medium heat, add the beans and toss until warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper and place in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and the pangrattato.
Review my Recipe Tag 2007 ~ I don't normally like broad beans when DH cooks as they are usually still hard and crunchy and lacking flavor. This recipe has made me change my mind about them and will make them often as it's a nice change. I did not wipe the skillet clean as I thought that would just be removing all the good flavor and therefore, added the beans to the pangrattato mixture and tossed around until heated through. I did however, forget to sprinkle on the parmesan before taking the picture! Thanks susie!
I really loved this, had it witha fresh cooked ham still hot and it was very good, the lemon just adds an extra something.Will be keeping this recipe Thank you Susie